The Central Reservationist handles requests and bookings from guests prior to arrival, companies and travel agents via phone and other platforms. He/She needs to ensure booking information are input accurately into the reservation system, and ensure that accurate records are maintained in all online platforms through use of extranets and interaction with the individual customer service.
- Handles bookings and reservations in accordance with company policies through all booking channels.
- Ensures that profiles of arriving guests are updated on system.
- Ensures that all booking notes are correctly updated on the bookings in order to ensure the highest level of service standards.
- Deals with agent or guest complaints relating to bookings and informs the Reservations Manager.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategic corporate clients and agents
- Maintains all changes and updates of bookings as per guest and agent requests
- Receives all direct booking enquiries and responds timeously and in accordance with company policy
- Ensure that reservations that are not fulfilling operational standards are canceled in accordance with channel policies and this is communicated to the guests.
- Update No Shows and Cancellations in the Property Management system and the channel accordingly and line with channel policies.
- Maintains accurate records of agent bookings where required.
- Ensures that confirmations of bookings are completed and sent out promptly.
- Responds to initial enquiries and requests within an 8 hour working day.
- Liaises with departments and provides an update on arrivals, groups, special requests and functions etc.
- Maintains good communication channels with other departments.
- Handle any guest complaints where necessary or refer to the Reservations/Revenue Manager.
- Ensures pro-forma invoices are sent out in time to guests.
- Follows up with guests on payment of invoices and cancels bookings timeously for non payment.
- Assists with the maintenance and control of payment and commission procedures for all reservations and through all channels accordingly
- Manages waiting lists and turn-a-ways and provisional reservations in order to optimize occupancy and revenue by applying yield management.
- Maintains the filing system.
- Ensures high standards of hygiene and maintenance in area of responsibility.
- Performs any other tasks as and when requested.
- Ensure accurate daily recording of attendance registers
- Minimum Grade 12
- Travel and Tourism Certificate (Advantageous)
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.